Login GA with dynamic variable user name and password , Possible ??

Mar 6, 2015 at 7:37 PM
Thanks for the wonderful component you build.

I have all the metrics, dim and also filters assigned dynamically, only difficulty I have is assigning user name and password for Google account dynamically. I want to store those in a SQL database table, get the data in SSIS variable and assign to GA login dynamically. Please assist if there are methods to do it in this component.

Thanks again for your sharing …
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2015 at 3:45 PM
You can use SSIS expressions to set dynamically user name and password as well as the GA profile.

Cheers,

Tillmann
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:30 PM
Tillmann wrote:
You can use SSIS expressions to set dynamically user name and password as well as the GA profile.

Cheers,

Tillmann
thanks Tillmann. ..

But the version 1.7.0.0 i dont see those options. Is there a newer version released ?? thanks again for your great product.
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2015 at 7:49 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2015 at 7:49 PM
It's not an option of the component it's an option of the dataflow.
  1. Go to the control flow tab and click once on your data flow. In the property window you should now find the Expressions.
  2. Click on the button with the 3 points to open the Property Expression Editor.
  3. Choose a Property and click again on the button with 3 points.
  4. Now you can define Variable for your expressions.
Cheers,

Tillmann
Apr 16, 2015 at 8:29 PM
Hi Tillmann,

What SenMSBI wanted to say is that on the version 1.7.0.0 in the Expression tasks we don't see the Username and Password properties exposed.
The closest to it would be the Account property, but this is a numeric value, probably the account ID at google...
I couldn't find any property called Username or Password either on the Properties tab or in the expression editor tab.

Can you please advice?

thanks!!
May 22, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Has anybody figured out what sqlboy said? I have my EndDate, ProfileID, and StartDate saved as expressions, but I need to save username and password as an expression since the token expires. Or is there another way of doing this?
May 22, 2015 at 6:40 PM
right now ... I think the answer is NO !!!!!

May 22, 2015 at 7:18 PM
So, since the token expires and you cannot save the user name and password, does that mean that there is truly no way to automate this to run nightly without having to open the package up and sign in again?
May 22, 2015 at 7:31 PM
Yeap!!!!