Metric: Avg. Session Duration and pages/session

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Edited Feb 2, 2015 at 2:47 PM
Hi,

I'm having trouble pulling data for the metric avg. session duration and pages/session . I am currently trying to pull this data against the time dimension.

The following error shows:

System.ArgumentNullException: 'dataType' argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: dataType
at System.Data.DataColumn..ctor(String columnName, Type dataType, String expr, MappingType type)
at System.Data.DataColumn..ctor(String columnName, Type dataType)
at SSISComponents.DataTypes.GaDataToDataTable(GaData googleData)
at SSISComponents.FrmGoogleAnalyticsSource.btnQuery_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Can you please help?

I currently use the 2012 version.
Feb 4, 2015 at 9:17 PM
seems like working fine for me. I am running the 2012 version too. I pulled both the metrics and I was able to see data coming through. However, I was using the "Date" dimension attribute. I couldn't find a "Time" dimension to pull the data against. Are you sure that's what you have configured in the "Dimensions" tab? Also, are you using any parameters/variables to pass run time values to the GA source adapter? I found an issue with the datatypes for StartDate/EndDate properties GA adapter accepts as valid (they need to be of type String instead of being DateTime and also the date format need to be yyyy-MM-DD strictly!!). I'm going to report this behavior in the forum so that someone wondering why their parametrization doesn't work doesn't spend hours deciphering this out. :)
Feb 5, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Thanks MuqadderIqbal

Yes, I was using ‘date’. Sorry, that was what I meant.

I have made no changes to the parameters.

Is there an alternative other than to connecting to the dimension and metric XML files? This is what I’m doing.

Thanks for your help

George Kyle

Account Manager

SEO & Content Marketing

[email removed]

Office: 02079694594