Deployment Question

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:26 PM
I created SSIS Package that utilizes GoogleAnalyticsSource component. I tested and it works fine. Here is my problem: I developed package on my Desktop. But the package should be running on the SQL Server. I was just informed that the company policy does not let any third party software to be installed on the Server. Since I am new in the company I do not want to start with failure of the Package testing. And I do not have access to the Server just to test it there. So the question is: must I install the component on the Server or must not?
Jan 14, 2015 at 5:23 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2015 at 5:24 PM
All custom SSIS adapters you use in your application need to reside on the machine the SSIS package(s) will execute on. This means that even if you installed a custom SSIS component on your laptop/sandbox server while doing a proof of concept, you'll have to have the component installed on the server(s) you're going yo deploy the SSIS solution to. Custom SSIS components are compiled libraries which cannot be referenced externally.

If your company policy prevents you from installing any third party software, you can develop your own custom component with the help of a .Net developer in your team. That will mean more effort on your part will help you get by the restrictions imposed by your company.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!
Muqadder.
Jan 15, 2015 at 3:24 PM
Thank you, MuqadderIqbal. I convinced our DBA that it MUST BE INSTALLED on a server. He did. But here is the problem. Because of our server is 64 Bits machine it installed in C:\Program Files (x86) directory. But when package is loading it is looking for the files in C:\Program Files directory. Is there 64 bits installation file?
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:01 PM
I don't think you'll need a separate 64 bit version of this adapter for it to work on a 64 bit OS. I am using this adapter on my local laptop that has a 64-bit Windows 7 OS and it seems to work fine. If you are sure you have the latest version of the adapter, try registering the DLL one more time to the 64-bit folder. This might help:-

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4897685/how-do-i-register-a-dll-file-on-windows-7-64-bit