Google Analytic Source Component Not Showing - SSIS 2014

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Tillmann,

My environment: SSIS 2014, SSDT 2014

FYI - It appears that the Source Component does not get properly installed in an environment where you have the SQL Server and SSIS binaries installed in a drive different than the C drive.

We have an architecture where the C drive is only for the OS, D drive is only for application binaries, and the other drive letters can be used for data files and logs.

On my case, the component does not get installed properly on the D drive, reason why it works on my computer but not on the server.

I navigated to:
D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponents\

I can see the Melissa Data components there (another SSIS add-in) but not the GA Source dlls.

Can you validate the above?
Mar 17, 2015 at 3:26 PM
I am having the same problem, did you find a solution? My dll's are on the C:\ directory path, but I also have a different drive where we installed the pipeline components on the E:\ drive.
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2015 at 3:41 PM
Hi,

the installer uses the standard windows [ProgramFiles] entry for the SQL Server Installation path.

If you have installed the SQL Server on another drive and/or folder, go to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponents\" and copy the goolge analytics component to your in your corresponding directory.

If you are working on a x86 machine, use the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponents\" folder.

Cheers,

Tillmann