No dimensions showing

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Hi,

Thanks for what is a great tool!! I have just upgraded as i was experiencing a buffer issue (which had been documented a few times) i thought best bet would be to get the latest version first. However - i can sign in using oAuth no problems, it displays the right accounts and lets me choose the right profiles - as well as lists all my segments - but will not display any dimensions or metrics. It just leaves a blank space.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ben
Mar 28, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Hi,

I also have this problem. Also, when I switch to the metrics tab, it has a single checkbox displayed which, when you click on it, closes the editor window.

Any information would be appreciated.

Antonio
Mar 28, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Ok, so this probably isn't the recommended way to do this, but I extracted the Dimensions.xml and Metrics.xml from the DLL, then applied those to the Dimensions and Metrics fields on the Configuration tab. I suspect this is a bug somewhere, but this is working well enough for me for now!

Thanks to Tillmann for a great tool :)
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM
I too am having the same problem with the metrics and dimensions tabs being blank since upgrading to the new version. How did you get the xml files out of the .dll?
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Hi,

I've uploaded both files to the 1.6 release. I'm working on a new and better release.
In one of the next versions I will integrate the Metadata API. Then the XML files will no longer exist.

Cheers,

Tillmann
Apr 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Splendid!

Thanks, as ever, Tillmann :-)
Apr 28, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Great thanks!!
Apr 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Tillmann: Awesome :)

Murdoch1976: You probably don't need it now, but you can use a decompiler like dotPeek, or there's this program that is built for the job: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dot_net_resources_extract.html
May 9, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Thanks antdos, that'll be useful for the future. :-)
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:51 AM
Edited Oct 31, 2014 at 4:51 AM
Hi, sorry I'm having this problem with 1.7 using VS 2012 on windows 8.1. Any ideas?
Nov 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Hi chrisross - the way i got it working was to upload my own XML files as per antdos's suggestion and haven't stopped using it like this yet!! I can't remember how i generated it, but if you copy and paste the following into a file and see if that adds something to the dimensions list? It should just display you a single dimension.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dataroot>
<Dimensions>
<ID>11</ID>
<Name>Ad Content</Name>
<APIName>ga:adContent</APIName>
<Description>When using manual campaign tracking, the value of the utm_content campaign tracking parameter. When using AdWords autotagging, the first line of the text for your online Ad campaign. If you are using mad libs for your AdWords content, this field displays the keywords you provided for the mad libs keyword match. Otherwise the value is (not set)</Description>
<Category>Traffic Sources</Category>
<DataType>DT_WSTR</DataType>
<Length>255</Length>
<Precision/>
<Scale/>
</Dimensions>
</dataroot>
Dec 18, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I noticed that every time my PC being rebooted GAS stopped working. I mean I cannot see dimensions and metrics. But last time all I had to do to run installation in repair and after modified mode. It fixed the problem. But not this time. I removed and installed back the component but it did not help. Did anybody find how to fix it? I have version 1.7 on VS 2012.

Another strange thing I found that before removing the component I added one more Dimension File and one Metric File. After that I uninstalled the component and installed it back the same two Dimensions and two Metrics files were still there. I think it is odd.
Feb 4, 2015 at 11:23 PM
Burzhuin wrote:
I noticed that every time my PC being rebooted GAS stopped working. I mean I cannot see dimensions and metrics. But last time all I had to do to run installation in repair and after modified mode. It fixed the problem. But not this time. I removed and installed back the component but it did not help. Did anybody find how to fix it? I have version 1.7 on VS 2012.

Another strange thing I found that before removing the component I added one more Dimension File and one Metric File. After that I uninstalled the component and installed it back the same two Dimensions and two Metrics files were still there. I think it is odd.
That's because the Dimension.xml and Metric.xml are not included in the installer package. You manually download and save them to your local drive in order for the adapter to work. So uninstalling the component doesn't automatically clean up these metadata files.
Aug 13, 2015 at 5:59 PM
I'm getting stuck at the same point. I open the GoogleAnalyticsSource configuration. I enter my login info and that returns with the correct account details. Then I try to set up the dimensions and metrics connections. I hit new and keep "Existing file" selected. Then I browse to the dimension and metric XML files that I downloaded from the SSIS Metadata Project 2012.zip link. Then, I hit OK to close the configuration window and I get the error "There are configuration errors. Do you want to fix now?" Also, if I click Preview, I get the error "Please specify at least one Metric and one Dimension." Any advice would be appreciated.
Aug 14, 2015 at 5:38 PM
mcancilla - you should now be able to select a dimension and metric from those tabs and get it to work. You can't set it up with nothing to be returned.