Total visits correct, but incorrect when segmented by date...

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM
When I use the component to download visit counts, and split dimension by year, month, continent and country - the "total" overall figure produced is correct and matches the figure on the site (just). However, the figures per row (one for every location and month) do no match the figures on the Google Analytics site when I apply the same filters. The figures differ from 4k to 15k visits per month/location.

I'm wondering whether or not the way the component uses timezones etc... is perhaps different to the way the site does?

Has anybody else faced the same issue and got around it?
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Is it perhaps that maybe the GA site provides "sampled, fast access" versions of the data and this SSIS component does not? This would then mean that the SSIS component data is more accurate than the data displayed on the GA site?
Mar 16, 2014 at 3:37 PM
I am experiencing the same issue. Need to segment total visits, visitors by date and am seeing some differences between results from this component and Google Analytics site. Also wondering about Unique Visitors dimension on Google Analytics site and how to accomplish this with SSIS component?
Mar 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Congratulations Tillman on your new release! The component runs a lot quicker than it used to - and thanks for getting it working with Google APIv3.

Unfortunately though, I still have an issue with the component bringing back different numbers to those displayed on the Google Analytics site. I'm almost convinced it's because the API uses a different Sampling Level to that which the site uses. Did you manage to include "Change Sample Level" in this release? I can't see an option for it anywhere.

Congratulations again though, it really does steam along at a good speed now :-)