The componente could not be added to the Data Flow Task

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Hi

I donwload and installed "GoogleAnalyticsSource 2008" in order to have the option of extracting data from google analytics api.

At SSIS, i managed to add the Google Analytics Source to the Data Flow Transformations after doing the install.

However, after having it avaiable i tried to drag it into the data flow tab and got an error

The componente could not be added to the data flow task.

Could not initialize the component. There is a potencial problem in the ProvbiceComponenteProperties method.

Screenshots:

http://postimg.org/image/i52rkqm4r/

Can someone provide guidance in order to have this working please?

Thanks in advance,
RG
Sep 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
any thoughts on this?
Sep 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM
ping
Sep 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Easy - I understand this is causing you a problem, but as you only posted this yesterday sending 2 chase updates for people subscribed to this gets a little annoying. I would presume that people aren't replying because they don't know the answer to the problem your having.

I would suggest not installed in the GAC properly, but that's a guess as i've not seen that message before.
Sep 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Hi Prok,

Sorry if this caused you any troubles. It wasn't my goal to spam the ones that subscribed this.

Perhaps GAC wasn't installed properly as you say, but.. besides reinstaling there isn't much that i can do right?

Regards,
Sep 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I think there are command you can run to manually register in the GAC using gacutil but not sure of the syntax; should work with a normal install.
Sep 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM
If the installation of GAS2008 went well would that register in the GAC also be done or is it something else i need to do after the googleanalyticssource is installed?
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Hi all,

sorry for my late reply (I'm on vacation).
Many thanks to ProK for your help, on both topics ;-)

It's a Little bit strange, that the component was not installed well by the installer.
Anyway, the component has to be installed in two folders.
  1. Your SQL Server Installation Folder, normally %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents. If you have installed If you have installed SQL Server on another drive or Folder, find the path \110\DTS\PipelineComponents\
  2. Install the component in the GAC. To do this you can use the GACUTIL.exe with Parameter -i. If you are using SQL 2008 you can find the component after installtion under C:\Windows\assembly, if you are using SQL 2012 (.NET 4.0) under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL
If the Installation of GoogleAnalyticsSource 2008 went well, you have nothing to do, except to add the component to your Toolbox.

I hope that helps, if you have any other Problems, feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Tillmann
Marked as answer by Tillmann on 2/15/2014 at 8:57 AM
Sep 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Hi tillmann,

Thanks a lot for the reply.
  1. Under %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\PipelineComponents (i don't have the 110 folder) i found the SSISComponents.Dts.Pipeline.GoogleAnalyticsSource.dll.
  2. Under c:\Windows\assembly i have 3 google componentes:
Google.GData.Analytics
Google.GData.Client
Google.GData.Extensions

All of the above was installed by the installer.
Is it something missing?

The installation went well, and i also managed to add the componnet to the toolbox. however, when i try to use it (dragging it) it gives the error i said.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Sep 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Working

Thks!
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Can you describe what the problem was?

Cheers,

Tillmann