Selecting Dimensions and Metrics "versus" Google's Dimensions & Metrics Reference (http://bit.ly/gBOjKp)

May 31, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Hi,

i've started exploring Google Analytics and this component and i think i've found some discrepancies between the selection of dimensions and metrics on this component, and the Dimensions & Metrics Reference Google's webpage (http://bit.ly/gBOjKp):
  • Visitor: OK
  • Session: OK
  • Traffic Sources: OK, though "ga:socialNetwork and ga:hasSocialSourceReferral" doesn't appear (as dimensions) on this component
  • AdWords: OK
  • Goal Conversions: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only metrics (we can only read them through variables?...)
  • Platform / Device: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only dimensions (we can only read them through variables?...)
  • Geo / Network: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only dimensions (we can only read them through variables?...)
  • System: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only dimensions (we can only read them through variables?...)
  • Social Activities: it doesn't appear any of the dimensions and metrics
  • Page Tracking: OK, though "ga:pagepathlevel 1,2,3 and 4" doesn't appear (as dimensions) on this component
  • Internal Search: doesn't work with the proposed intersection of dimensions and metrics
  • Site Speed: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only metrics (we can only read them through variables?...)
  • App Tracking: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only metrics (we can only read them through variables?...)
  • Event Tracking: doesn't work with the proposed intersection of dimensions and metrics
  • Ecommerce: doesn't work with the proposed intersection of dimensions and metrics
  • Social Interactions: it doen't seem to exist any of the proposed dimensions and metrics on this component
  • User Timings: as the previous one
  • Exception Tracking: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only metrics (we can only read them through variables?...)
  • Experiments: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only dimensions (we can only read them through variables?...)
  • Custom Variables: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only dimensions (we can only read them through variables?...)
  • Time: i haven't confirmed each one because there are only dimensions (we can only read them through variables?...)
Could this be related to differences on APIs (Google last' version "versus" this component)?
Being a newbie on these areas, and the fact that english/german aren't my native language doens't help too.
Nov 20, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Edited Nov 20, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Ricmmf,
You should be able to add in extra dimensions and metrics if they are not in the list.
Just edit the xml files that are in the GoogleAnalyticsSource directory.
These files are Dimensions.xml and Metrics.xml.

Use https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets to find the information you need to add in the extra dims and metrics.

Hope this helps.
Marked as answer by Tillmann on 2/15/2014 at 8:52 AM