Language Dimension gives DoesNotFitBufferException error

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I'm receiving this error when using the Language dimension on my call. I see that the advanced editor will not allow me to expand the column size. Is there a work-around for this? Is it a bug?
Thanks for any help,
Chris

[SSIS GoogleAnalyticsSource] Error: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DoesNotFitBufferException: The value is too large to fit in the column data area of the buffer.
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.PipelineBuffer.SetString(Int32 columnIndex, String value)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.PipelineBuffer.set_Item(Int32 columnIndex, Object value)
at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Apr 12, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Any update on this? I'm having the same issue with language. Aside from the value '(not set)', which is 9 characters, I have some bad data (e.g. *3078aeb43078ac013078aec43078ae983078ad10) in the field. I really need the language field.
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Hi,

there is a workaround on this.
All possible dimensions and metrics including data type and length are stored in an embedded resource.
For that you see on the configuration tab for the properties Dimensions and Metrics the value <Embedded Resource>.
In the installation folder of the component - typically C:\Program Files\SSIS-Components.net\SSIS GoogleAnalyticsSource - you will find two xml files with all dimensions and metrics.
Copy both files to a destination which is accessible during runtime. Open the dimension file and change the length of the language dimension.
Use the button behind the textbox to change the value for the dimension property from <Embedded Resource> to this file.
If you want to remove your custom dimension or metrics, just clear the textbox and it will changed again to <Embedded Resource>.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Cheers,

Tillmann
Marked as answer by Tillmann on 2/15/2014 at 9:01 AM
Apr 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Thanks, Tillmann!
This works great. I had tried to alter the XML file, but did not know I needed to change the <Embedded Resource> value. I appreciate the quick response.
...dwerner
Apr 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Thanks, it is working. I posted a reply on the site.
Apr 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Thank you Tillmann. This is a great component.