Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 407

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Hey

First off let me tell you, your component is a life saver. The updates are awesome and i've been using it for a long time now. If you lived nearby, i'd DEFINATELY buy you several beers.

Recently we've changed a lot to our environments. SQL 2008 --> SQL 2012, new web proxy, new development environment, so decided to upgrade the adapter to the 6bit version (have been using 1.01 x84 for years now).

I have an issue when running the package with the error in the title. A quick google search tells me it's a web proxy issue, which is weird because I can use the gui to preview the results. Surely if there was a web proxy issue I wouldn't be able to preview? My proxy settings on the machine are fine and I have no issues with other sites. I've made sure the URL isn't on the blocklist, too.

In short I am curious as to what the issue might be. I would like to force the connection defining specific proxy details but the GUI won't let me do that; do you have any experience in this issue, and if so - how can it be resolved?

Many thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Hi ProK,

the most important question: Where do you live? Maybe I am once in the area for some free beer ;-)

At the moment, the component does not support proxy servers. This is one of the major functionalities next to the V3 API and OAuth for the next release.
But before you ask, at the moment I don't know when I can release a new version :-)

However, I am surprised, that you get a result on the Preview.
As an idea, try to debug the package explicit in 32 Bit mode. I don't know if that could work.
But normally the proxy settings are stored in your IE. SSDT & IE are both 32 Bit applications, normally.
When you run the package you switch automatically to the x64 execution. Possible that in this way a strange behavior occurs.

Cheers,

Tillmann
Apr 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Thanks Tillman.

Looking through the discussions (arguably should have done this first - sorry!) It's the same issue as is posted here

http://analyticssource.codeplex.com/discussions/279855

Changing to 32bit didn't resolve it, neither did creating the user/pass as variables and forcing them as expressions. Weird!! If you (or anyone else) can think of reasons why this is happenning i'd be forever indebted.

Also - I'm in the UK, North Yorkshire specifically, hit me up for a beer next time your nearby!

JK
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by Tillmann on 2/15/2014 at 9:01 AM