API 3.0 update

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Hi,

will there be an update to the latest API ressource? There are some dimensions not available in the latest version of this tool, e.g. the ga:pagePathLevelX value, which is very important for many reports.

I hope there will be an update soon or you can provide us with a date for a coming update.

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Hi,

V3 is in planning for the future.

When you need these dimensions, you can add them yourself.
You can find the Metrics and Dimension XML Files in in the installation folder of the component.
Just add your missing dimensions and/or metrics to these files. Be sure that SSIS has sufficient access to this folder (You can copy these files to any other location). In the integration Services Component change the dimension and metrics from embedded file to these files.

Cheers,

Tillmann

Marked as answer by Tillmann on 2/15/2014 at 9:01 AM
Jan 11, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Hi,

thank you very much for the information. I did found the dimension.xml and altered it. But now im stuck in the "integration services component", what does it mean? I can see the component in my toolbox as "data flow item". There I cant find any property which leads to the dimensions.xml file. All I can find are .dll

Can you help me out here again, please? :)

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Hi,

drag the component from the toolbox to the design area. When you open the component editor you will see two text boxes with the value <embedded resource>. Change both or one of these fields to the location of your xml file. That's it :-)

Cheers,

Tillmann

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Unfortunately its not working... I select the edited XML File and when I click on "open" in the data explorer, the component simply closes. When I open it again it says "<embedded resource>" again. Just like didn't selected anything at all. As expected the Dimensions dont show up in component.

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Hi,

please run SQL Server DataTools as administrator.

Cheers,

Tillmann
Mar 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Tillman,

I am working on updating the Component to v3.0 using the private keys. I am having trouble signing the v3 dll's.
Are there strong named dll's on google code site? I have not been able to find any links.
Also, tried using the source code and signing, but get assembly reference errors to Google.Apis

Here is how I have tried to sign the dll's

sn -k Google.Apis.snk
ildasm /all /out=Google.Apis.il Google.Apis.dll
ilasm /dll /key=Google.Apis.snk Google.Apis.il

ildasm /all /out=Google.Apis.Analytics.v3.il Google.Apis.Analytics.v3.dll
ilasm Google.Apis.Analytics.v3.il /dll /key=Google.Apis.snk /output=Google.Apis.Analytics.v3.dll

I have a console application working and trying to rolling this code into the SSIS control.

Any help is appreciated,

John
Mar 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Tillman,

Here is the error after trying to use the strong named ddl's

Error 1 The type 'Google.Apis.Discovery.IRequestProvider' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Google.Apis, Version=1.2.4640.29145, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. C:.....\frmGoogleAnalyticsSource.cs 38 34 SSIS GoogleAnalyticsSource

John
Mar 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Tillman,

I have my component working in VS 2010 SSIS and SV 2012, but can not get the custom property editor working. I added a couple of properties, but even the Original Source Code does not bring up the advanced editor. Any idea on this?

John