Connection could not be established, Execution of request failed

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I just started working with this yesterday and am having a problem using the package.

I found a post that said the Account feed has been shut down "The Data Export API v2.3 migration has completed and the API has been shutdown" https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/google-analytics-api-notify/dcdz3LzKnpA

The error i get is

"The connection could not be established.  Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of Request failed: https://www.google.com/analytics/feeds/accounts/default ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found"

Anyone having the same issue?

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Hi mattcook,

i have the same problem. Tillmann know it! He is trying to fix this error and is in contact with google.

Regards

Bizzi

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Hello,

Any ETA when it will be fixed?

Thank you.

Snar

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Hello smartirosyan,

i dont have any ETA.

Sorry

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Hello Bizzi,

I wanted to mention that the SSIS packages I created using this component are working fine when I execute them outside of the BIDS environment. But when I open the packages in BIDS to edit, they can't connect to the data export API. Does the component refer to different API URLs in design and runtime modes? Also, I was wondering if there is any workaround for this issue.

Thank you.

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Hi Guys,

I noticed that the component had stopped working about three or four weeks ago, but hadn't investigated until today.  I tried de-installing and re-installing 1.03 and 1.1 on two different machines until I finally came to the conclusion that I was connecting successfully, but that the Google feed wasn't there any more.

After reading the Google post, and this thread (http://analyticssource.codeplex.com/discussions/393381), I now understand.   The feed no longer exists.  As far as I can see, the conclusion is that until the SSIS GoogleAnalyticsSource component is fixed, it is not usable, and there is no ETA for when this will happen.

Is that a fair summary of the current state of affairs?

Is there a workaround?  An alternative component? A completely different way of doing things (without having to start cutting code)?

In any case, what I need is a long-term maintainable and production-grade solution to SSIS input of Google Analytics.  I think that Tillmann Eitelberg has done a fabulously useful job of creating this component, but something that breaks and has no ETA for a fix is not production-grade by my definitions.   

I'd welcome any suggestions.

Donna Kelly

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Hi Guys (again!),

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that I think Tillmann has done a brilliant job of work in creating this component, and in making it available to the community through Codeplex.  He deserves much kudos and congratulations.

I don't want anyone to think that any of my remarks are in any way disparaging; the work is explicitly defined as alpha/beta and has clearly been identified as a work-in-progress.   Use in any sort of environment other than development is clearly the responsibility of the user, not Tillmann who has a day job, and who is fully engaged working hard on other projects.

Once again, best wishes to Tillman for a great piece of work.

Regards,

Donna Kelly

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Hi,

I've uploaded a new version for SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012. This version now uses the management API and the complete Google API V2.4.
I would be glad if you can test the version in your environments and with your needs.

Cheers,

Tillmann

Marked as answer by Tillmann on 2/15/2014 at 9:02 AM
Sep 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Hi

I just tested the 2008 edition and that works like a charm. Thank you once again for a great tool which really saves the day!

BR Rasmus

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Tillmann,

just like BR Rasmus, "I just tested the 2008 edition and that works like a charm. " 

Let me echo the same sentiments: "Thank you once again for a great tool which really saves the day!"

Great work . . . really!

Cheers, Donna

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Hello! I download the latest version of SSIS Google Anlytics source to start a project but it is giving me an error message when i insert my username and password and click login. 

Do the same works for Sql Server 2008R2?

system.net.webexception the remote server returned an error (404) forbidden at system

Please help me in fixing this issue. I am not sure that what i did wrong as it was very simple installation and simple login process.

Thanks.Ad

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Hello All! 

I am facing the same issue as everything was working few months ago but not any more.I download the latest version of SSIS Google Anlytics source to start a project but it is giving me an error message when i insert my username and password and click login.

• system.net.webexception the remote server returned an error (403) 

Please help me in fixing this issue. I am not sure that Should i need to do something on Google Analytic Site or with the SSIS Data source. Please guide me in the right direction 
Thanks.Ad