multiple websites support

Jul 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM

My company has downloaded and is setting up this control to pull our data from Google.  I was wondering if it were possible to have this control pull the data for all our websites (we have 50-60 sites)  Can it be put in a loop with a variables for the profiles and start/end dates?

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Hi Moord,

yes, you can put the component in a Loop Container and specify the websites and start/enddate through expressions.
But you have to define the websites through the google profileid (ga:012345678) and not through the URL (www.example.com).

Cheers,

Tillmann

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Do you have any examples of this?  (Forgive me, I'm relatively new to SSIS)

May 26, 2016 at 9:59 PM
I am trying to achieve the same. Can you please give brief example?
May 26, 2016 at 10:01 PM
Moord wrote:
My company has downloaded and is setting up this control to pull our data from Google.  I was wondering if it were possible to have this control pull the data for all our websites (we have 50-60 sites)  Can it be put in a loop with a variables for the profiles and start/end dates?
If you were able to achieve the same , please send an example with screenshots will be helpful for each step. I am new to GA.
May 26, 2016 at 10:14 PM
when I give two site profile id's in properties ->profileid =ga:7894562|ga:1234566 ( thsese are not real profile ids : just an example)

I get this error:
[SSIS GoogleAnalyticsSource] Error: The service analytics has thrown an exception: Google.GoogleApiException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Invalid value 'ga:ga:7894562|ga:123456'. Values must match the following regular expression: 'ga:[0-9]+' [400]
Errors [
Message[Invalid value 'ga:ga:7894562|ga:123456'. Values must match the following regular expression: 'ga:[0-9]+'] Location[ids - parameter] Reason[invalidParameter] Domain[global]
]

at Google.Apis.Requests.ClientServiceRequest`1.Execute()
at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.Execute(GetRequest data, PipelineBuffer buffer, Int32 startIndex)