Input string was not in a correct format

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

When we access the component, we get:

Error: 0x0 at Data Flow Task, SSIS GoogleAnalyticsSource: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value, IFormatProvider provider)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.PipelineBuffer.set_Item(Int32 columnIndex, Object value)
   at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)

environment: MSSQL 2008 R2 SSIS running in VS2008 SP1

Also, in the debug data flow, the component shows 1 row returned even though several are actually returned by google (and can be verified via the preview button)

Apparently, the problem is in the transactionRevenue metric.  It's a 4 bit signed int, and revenue needs to either be decimal or double precision float.

Infact upon further investigation, it looks like the Metrics.xml file that was included as a resource in your dll is pointing to an older xml file.  It doesn't match up with the one included in the source code in your download area.  It also looks like your totalValue, revenuePerTransaction, revenuePerItem, itemRevenue, transactionRevenuePerVisit, transactionShipping, and transactionTax items are all off. Unfortunately, we can't change the output item type on the output columns.

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Hello @all,

I confirm this behaviour for the measures "transactionRevenue", "Page Views per Visit" and "Total Value". Unfortunatelly, I couldn't find find metrics.xml to check it.

Regards from Hamburg,

Andrey

P.S. I compared data types with older version (which I have installed on the other server). Measures "transactionRevenue", "transactionShipping" and "transactionTax" have (SQL-)type NUMERIC(18,12). So, something went wrong in the version 1.0.3.

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.