Error in extraction logic

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Hi Tillmann,

I think there's an error in your logic of your class GoogleAnalyticsSource.cs

At line #444, when you increment your startindex (StartIndex += 1001;) with 1001, you will skip results, i.e. :

If your start index is 0 and your max-result is 1000, then you add 1001 twice, your start index will be 2002 instead of 2001, so you'll skip the 2001th record, and so on for the subsequent increments. So, you'll skip 1 record for every increment.

I think you should have a start-index = 1 and increment by 1000 to avoid this case.

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jun 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

All,

I think this may be why I am experiencing unexplained issues with the component. I think it is great by the way, there are just a couple of trust issues I have currently.

It appears that in some cases, when adding in Country, Region and City Dimensions for a certain date, and then selecting Visits as a Metric, there is always a missing row or two.

When I filter on the Region in Question, all rows appear correctly

Has anyone else come across this problem ?

Regards

Paul

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.