Numeric field precision problem

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Hi Tillmann,

I'm trying to extract ga:timeOnSite metric and I've got this error:

System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlTruncateException: Numeric arithmetic causes truncation.

at System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlDecimal.ConvertToPrecScale(SqlDecimal n, Int32 precision, Int32 scale)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.PipelineBuffer.SetDecimal(Int32 columnIndex, Decimal value)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.PipelineBuffer.set_Item(Int32 columnIndex, Object value)

at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)

This metrics is of DT_NUMERIC type with precision 18 and scale 12. Does this means that only numeric numbers less than 999999.000000000000 could be extracted?

I've tried the same query using the GDataExplorer and I've found that the value that cause the error is 1888609. 

So, I'm wondering: Is the data type correct for this metric (I'm not sure this metric should be of DT_NUMERIC datatype), but maybe it should be of integer type?

François

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 5:52 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.