NullReferenceException

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM

We have been looking into using the GoogleAnalyticsSource add-in to extract data into our Data Warehouse. We are currently getting the following error message - if someone could shed some light we would be very grateful!

[GoogleAnalyticsSource [197]] Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.ExceptionWriter(String Value)
   at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer100[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

Many thanks!

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Hi,

can you explain in more detaile when and where you get this exception?

Cheers,

Tillmann

Jul 7, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Hi Tillmann,

The exception occurs when we run the package with just the GoogleAnalyticsSource dataflow tool present and also when this is connected to an OLEDB destination. We only started using this yesterday and tested the login and the returned data via the preview OK - just not when we ran the package.

The full error code from this morning's attempt is below;

[GoogleAnalyticsSource [1]] Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.ExceptionWriter(String Value)
   at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer100[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on component "GoogleAnalyticsSource" (1) returned error code 0x80004003.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Which metrics and dimensions are you using?
Did you test different metrics/dimensions?

Cheers,

Tillmann

Jul 7, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Hi,

We are currently running with:

Metrics: ga:bounces,ga:newVisits,ga:timeOnPage,ga:timeOnSite,ga:visitors,ga:visits,ga:uniquePageviews

Dimension(s): ga:date

We tested via preview and this combination was OK - we also tried out a few others some of which previewed OK and some which didn't as they weren't compatible.

Thanks

James

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hm, I must test that more accurately. Your dimensions/metrics works perfectly with my version...
Have more settings been made? Are you using the current version 1.0.0.3?

Cheers,

Tillmann

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:40 AM

I have downloaded the latest version from CodePlex and installed it - am still getting the same error. When I look at the version on the "Info" tab it states 1.00 beta...is there a way I can check the version number that I am running?

Thanks,

James

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Hi,

sorry, I have seen today, that I didn't have changed the version number in the last release.
The current Version on Codeplex is 1.0.0.3 but when you add the component to your toolbox you see 1.0.0.2. I will change that soon. But there is not your problem.

There are two component properties which can solve your problem.
Please set WriteLog to "FALSE" and leave LogFile blank.

I have implemented a small debug Log for development purpose and this seems to make problems.

I will build a new version without these function and the right Version number soon.

Cheers,

Tillmann

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Hi,

does your problem still exist?

Cheers,

Tillmann